Monday, April 22, 2013

So God Made a Farmer....

 With it being Earth Day today I thought it would be an appropriate time to share this post.

 For those of you who actually know me, know that I am a farm girl & very proud of it! My Husband & I (when I can) run our farm operation every day as tho it is Earth Day, making sure to get the most amount of food out of each acre while trying to improve the soil & always teaching our children about where their food comes from.

Did you know that today's American Farmer feeds about 155 people worldwide, in 1960 that number was 25.8? Or that farmers & ranchers receive only 16 cents out of every dollar spent on food at home & away from home. The rest goes for costs beyond the farm gate: wages, materials for production, processing, marketing, transportation & distribution. In 1980, farmers & ranchers received 31 cents! Find many more Fun Farm Facts here.


Earlier last week I had the pleasure of being able to work along side my husband helping him load the semi trailer with corn that was combined this past fall from our fields & stored in the grain bins until now. Here are some pictures of the day I got to spend with him & remember to Thank a Farmer!









 

Treat every day as Earth Day as we do here at White Heart Family Grain!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us your feedback