Monday, April 29, 2013

Wine Slushy

 Spring has finally sprung here in ND, I mean it is only 2 days away from May so It should be here right???? Well we Finally got some nice weather & I intend to enjoy it to the fullest!

My 3 little kiddos are my life & they grow up way to fast, so I cherish the time I get to spend with them & we love to be outside all day long  taking it all in. Today we played in their huge sandbox making LEGO Chima castles (can you tell I have a couple boys the obsess about LEGO's), jumping on the trampoline, playing basketball & baseball, riding bikes, playing tags & of course riding horse. After a long day of playing with the kids I enjoy just sitting & relaxing at night either by a campfire (like I was this past weekend), hanging out with friends, or just relaxing on the couch but wherever I may be at I like to relax with a glass of wine in my hand, although this weekend I decided to try something a bit different. I decided to make a wine slush. Who doesn't enjoy a slush on hot days, add wine & it has to be delicious right??

Wine Slushy
1 bottle of white wine of your choice ( I used a semi sweet white wine)
3 cups of fruit blended ( I used mixed frozen fruit that had been thawed since that was what I had on hand)
1 wine bottle of diet 7up
Hand full of ice


1. Pour the bottle of wine into a pitcher
2. Blend the fruit& hand full of ice til it is smooth
3. Pour the fruit into the wine
4. Add the 7up to the fruit & wine mixture
5. Mix well  & you can either enjoy as it is or put it in the freezer for a couple hours to harden up!

It is easy & delicious! Great summer time drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us your feedback