Monday, March 18, 2013

Health..ier Fleischkuechle

I am a German through & through which means I love my dough, more specifically fried dough :) Although I am not on a diet per say I am just trying to eat a bit healthier without feeling deprived. I don't want to have to make a separate meal for myself & another for the rest of my family, so I try to find a compromise. I have been craving fleischkuechle, but knew I didn't want or need the deep fried dough part of it, so I decided to try my hand at making a little bit healthier, and here is what I have come up with. These were super easy, fast, & everyone loved them which means they will be made again in my household :)

Ingredients:
 1lb. Browned Turkey "hamburger" or plain hamburger
1/4 - 1/2 an Onion chopped
2-3 large Garlic cloves chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
Season-ALL salt to taste
Egg Roll wrappers


1. Brown the turkey hamburger.
2. Add the chopped up onions & garlic, sat, pepper, & season-ALL mix in good & let it simmer for about 5 minutes to let the flavors soak in.
3. Get out your egg roll wrappers. Lay it so it looks like a diamond.
4. Put meat in the middle of it but leave room around the edges to seal it up.
5. Wet all the edges of the egg roll wrapper with water or a egg white/water mixture. ( I used just pain water & it worked out great).
6. Fold the diamond shape wrapper in half so it is now a triangle.
   ( I also made bite size, dipping size fleischkuechle for the kids out of won ton wrappers, so those are the smaller ones)


7. seal the edges with your finger tips & re-damped around all the edges.
8. Repeat until you have desired amount of fleischkuechle that you would like.
9. Put prepared fleischkuechle on a pan in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until it is golden brown. I sprayed the top of mine with Pam first to help give it that beautiful golden color.






10. Serve hot with ketchup of course. Enjoy!

Simple, fast, easy & loved by all, what more can you ask for????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us your feedback