Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Healthier comfort food - Corn dogs

 I am always trying to find new creating, inventive, fun & healthier ways to recreate the comfort kid foods that my daycare kids go crazy for. Of course the favorites of the kiddos around here are macaroni & cheese with hot dogs, pizza, tacos, sloppy joes, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and corn dogs. And I have no problem serving those items - with a twist, they are homemade & healthier than what you buy in the store & what they are accustomed to, but so far they have like most of my recreations :)

Today's meal plan was Mini corn dogs, string cheese, a big helping of mixed fruit topped with light Cool Whip & 4-5 BBQ chips. This was my first time making these mini corn dogs for the kids & they ate them all up, so must have been successful!


My re-created Healthier Mini Corn dogs
Turkey dogs boiled until cooked through, cut them in half (to make mini dogs) & then wrap them up in wonton wrappers. You could stuff some cheese in there if you so choose, but I did not. Finally I baked them in a 350 degree oven for roughly 15 minutes & that is it. Eat, enjoy, dip in mustard or ketchup if you so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us your feedback