Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Light Summer Garlic Beer Chicken

Hamburger, chicken, pork, fish, seafood, lamb, goat, deer, pheasant...you name the meat we probably cook it around here & so I am always looking for different ways to cook, make & prepare these meats. In a rush to make supper tonight & didn't really plan on anything in particular I was looking through my fridge to see what I had on hand. I am not usually the kind of person that can throw ingredients together & it actually tastes good - my husband can I can not :( But tonight it actually turned out really good & I am very glad I thought of it, because it can be used in soooo many different ways to make so many meals!

What I did was take
1. 4 chicken breasts sprinkle them with garlic salt & lemon pepper seasoning and added 1 can of beer to them and allowed them to marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes while I preheated my oven to 450 degrees.

2. After the chicken breasts had marinated & the oven is preheated I transferred the breasts into a covered casserole dish & let it cook in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

3. Take the chicken out of the oven & shred it all apart.

4. I added about 2-3 heaping TBSP. of plain Greek yogurt, 2 diced up tomatoes and a handful of shredded cheese to my shredded chicken.

5. Mix it up & you are ready to enjoy!

Tonight I served this over left over baked potatoes that I had left over from last nights supper. I diced up the potatoes laid them on a cooking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray, lay them in a single layer & baked them in my 450 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. Remember they are already cooked potatoes, so I just had to warm them up & then I wanted to get a nice light brown color on them. After the potatoes were done I simply put a spoonful of the Garlic Beer Chicken mixture on top of the potatoes & served it with a salad & fruit of choice.

Other tasteful ways to serve this Garlic Beer Chicken:
1. Over Chips
2. Over lettuce for a salad
3. Make enchiladas
4. Over Pasta
5. Over Toast
6. Make Chicken Tacos
7. Over rice
8. Make Chicken taco salad
9. serve it inside a warm croissant for a sandwich
.........the possibilities are almost endless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us your feedback