Monday, August 19, 2013

Whole Wheat Healthier Chocolate Chip cookies

As mentioned in some of my previous blog posts I have been experimenting with whole wheat flour. Today I decided to try to make a comfort dessert - Chocolate chip cookies, one of my mother's all time favorite. In fact she always says if she was stranded on a deserted island the first thing she would eat when she got off the island is a chocolate chip cookie :0

I do not take credit for this recipe at all. I got it straight from Betty Crocker all I did was tweek a few minor things.

Instead of the butter I used half of it applesauce & half of it plain greek yogurt. I also added 1/8 tsp. of cinnamon for a little bit more of a twist & instead of sugar I used Slepnda.

They turned out great! Soft, chewy, better for you than orginal chocolate chip cookies therefore you don't feel as bad indulging in one.....that is my thinking anyways. My children had these are bed time snack and my oldest says to me "Mom you are the best cook in the whole, whole, WHOLE entire world, I love your cooking!" I'd say job accomplished - kids are happy & eating healthy without knowing it.

Because everyone needs their chocolate fix every once in awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us your feedback